Featuring Ultra Series technology, the SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer is driven by an unshakable 12-inch driver and 500 watts RMS, 1,100 watts peak power Sledge STA-500D DSP amplifier. The SVS PB-2000 subwoofer unleashes effortless, commanding bass down to 17 Hz with exceptional detail and musicality. Sets all the performance benchmarks for a powered home theater subwoofer.
SVS PB-2000 SUBWOOFER FEATURES
- Driver | 12″
- Amplifier | 500 watts RMS (1100 watts peak)
- Freq. Response | 17-260 Hz ± 3 dB
- Dimension | 531mm (H) 439 (W) 589 (D)
SVS PB-2000 SUBWOOFER SPECIFICATIONS
- Premium black ash finish.
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille.
- Front-firing 12″ driver.
- Rear-mounted amplifier.
- Screw-in rubber feet.
- Robust Medium Density Fiberboard(MDF) cabinet construction.
- Cabinet Dimensions: 20.9″ (H) x 17.3″ (W) x 23.2″ (D) (without grille).
- Overall Dimensions: 20.9″ (H) x 17.3″ (W) x 25.4″ (D) (with grille).
- Weight (unboxed): 29.7 kg
- Shipped Dimensions: 30″ (H) x 23″ (W) x 27″ (D).
- Shipped Weight: 37.19kg
SVS PB-2000 SUBWOOFER DRIVER SPECIFICATIONS
- SVS 12” 2000-series driver.
- Powder-coated cast aluminum basket.
- Dual high-grade ferrite magnets.
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)-optimized motor structure.
- Dual shorting rings reduce gap induction and lower distortion.
- Extended pole piece improves heat sink and thermal management properties.
- 2” diameter, high-power voice coil.
- Upgraded Nomex spider for improved linearity and driver control at extreme drive levels.
- High-quality insulated tinsel leads with 3-point-contact precision alignment.
- Lightweight aluminum cone with polypropylene dust cap provides excellent rigidity and pistonic behavior.
- Low-creep rubber long-throw surround for excellent durability and longevity.
SVS PB-2000 AMPLIFIER SPECIFICATIONS
- Sledge STA-500D DSP amplifier.
- 500 watts RMS continuous (1100 watts peak dynamic).
- Efficient and cool-running Class D topology.
- DSP control for accurate response and refined behavior under all operating conditions.
- Main power rocker switch.
- Auto-On / On toggle switch.
- 3-12V trigger with 1/8” (3.5 mm) TRS mini-jack input.
- Green standby mode with > 0.5 watts consumption.
- Stereo line-level RCA Input & Output connections.
- Input impedance – 47 kΩ (unbalanced line-level RCA).
- Continuously variable volume/gain control.
- Continuously variable (0-180 degrees) phase control.
- Continuously variable (50-160 Hz) 12 dB/octave low pass filter frequency with disable/LFE setting.
- Fixed 80 Hz 12 dB/octave high pass filter on line level outputs.
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications.
- Detachable power cord.
For chest-thumping movie slam and impact and sheer low frequency performance for the price, the PB-2000 subwoofer destroys larger and more expensive subwoofers, dipping all the way down to 17Hz without sacrificing musicality or speed in transients. The subwoofer features a front-firing 4-inch high-flow port with inner/outer port flares and energizes rooms of all sizes with extreme low frequency output for jaw-droppingly powerful and realistic movie and music audio experiences.
Commanding 12-Inch SVS High Output Driver
At the heart of the SVS PB-2000 ported box subwoofer is a newly engineered 12-inch 2000-series driver with dual high-grade ferrite magnets and FEA-optimized motor for nearly distortion-free performance. A reinforced Nomex spider was integrated for improved linearity and driver control, especially important when the STA-500D amp is pushing the subwoofers to their maximum output levels. To ensure the PB-2000 can withstand punishing output levels long into the future, the driver also features a durable low-creep rubber long-throw surround and integrated tinsel leads to maximize longevity.
Powerful and Sophisticated Sledge STA-500D Amplifier
The PB-2000 Subwoofer’s Sledge STA-500D DSP amplifier features specs and features normally found in subwoofers costing two or three times as much. Conservatively rated at a robust 500 watts RMS continuous and 1,100+ watts peak dynamic, the amplifier has brains to match its brawn. A sophisticated DSP in the amplifier includes an array of filters and volume, gain, and phase controls for fine-tuning performance. The innovations don’t stop there though. A frequency-dependent limiter/compressor algorithm with adjustable attack/release and compression parameters offers the ultimate in refined behavior at the drive limits of the subwoofer system.
With cabinet dimensions of 531mm (H) 439 (W) 589 (D) and weighing 30kg, the PB-2000 is nearly 40% larger and twice the weight of the SB-2000.