The Polk PSW10 Subwoofer uses a 10″ Dynamic Balance polymer composite cone driver for deep, smooth response and low distortion. For longer excursion, the woofer uses a hi-roll foam surround.
PSW10 SUBWOOFER FEATURES
- Driver: The PSW10 uses a 10″ Dynamic Balance polymer composite cone driver for deep, smooth response and low distortion. For longer excursion, the woofer uses a hi-roll foam surround.
- Amplifier: The subwoofer is powered by a high-current amplifier producing 50 watts RMS/100 watts dynamic power.
- Enclosure: The Polk PSW10 features non-resonant MDF construction with 3/4″ baffle and internal bracing for deep bass impact with superior detail and accuracy.
- 3-Way Power Switch: The subwoofer has a 3-way power switch on the rear panel. You can select Auto, which turns the unit on automatically when an input signal is received and off a few minutes after the signal stops; On, which keeps the unit on until it is switched off, and Off, which turns the unit completely off (instead of placing it in a standby mode). The LED power indicator glows green when the unit is on and red when the unit is off.
- Volume Control: The PSW10 has a rotary volume control to adjust the volume of the subwoofer relative to the other speakers in the system.
- Phase Switch: The subwoofer’s phase switch allows you to select normal or reverse. If the bass sounds muddy or unclear, toggling the phase control can sometimes strengthen the bass attack.
- Low-Pass Filter: The PSW10 offers a continuously variable low-pass filter, adjustable from 80-160 Hz. Note: The manual incorrectly lists the frequency range as 80-200Hz.
PSW10 SUBWOOFER SPECIFICATIONS
- Enclosure: Bass Reflex
- Video Shielded: No
- Woofer Size: (inches) 10
- Woofer Composition: Polymer Composite
- Firing Direction: Front
- Wireless: No
- Preamp-Level Inputs: Yes
- Speaker-Level Inputs: Yes
- Speaker-Level Outputs: Yes
- Low-Pass Crossover Freq: 80-160 Hz
- High-Pass Crossover Freq: None
- Phase Switch: Yes
- Amplifier Output (watts): 50
- Frequency Response: 40-160 Hz
- Height (inches): 14-3/8
- Width (inches): 14
- Depth (inches): 16-3/16
- Speaker Parts Warranty: 5 Years – Woofer: 3 Yrs Amp
- Speaker Labor Warranty: 5 Yrs – Woofer: 3 Yrs amp
- The Polk Audio PSW10 replaces these items: Polk Audio PSW202
INPUTS AND OUTPUTS NOTES
Line Inputs: The subwoofer has gold plated left and right RCA Line Level inputs. These inputs are for use with electronics featuring stereo pre-amp line outputs or an LFE subwoofer output. If your receiver or processor only has a single subwoofer line output, either the left or right input jack can be used.
Note: If the filtered Low Frequency Effects (LFE) output of an A/V receiver or processor is connected to the PSW10’s line inputs, low frequency signals will be filtered by the A/V receiver/processor and the PSW10. When this happens the PSW10’s low-pass filter setting should be as high as possible (160Hz) to minimize the interaction between the filters.
Speaker Level Input/Output: The subwoofer has spring clips for the speaker level input and output. The subwoofer’s low-pass filter takes the low frequencies (based on the setting of the filter) and passes a full-range signal out to the speakers. This is the recommended method of connecting the subwoofer with a Polk Audio RM-series Home Theater speaker package and other satellite speaker systems.
Frequency Response: The overall frequency response for the subwoofer is 35-200 Hz, and the -3 dB frequency response is 40-160 Hz.
Amplifier: The warranty on the amplifier is 3 years parts and labor.
Driver: The warranty on the driver is 5 years parts and labor.