The M&K Sound X8 subwoofer offer the Push Pull technology in a compact size, performing with remarkable low distortion and extended dynamic range. The Push Pull coupled 8” drivers” provide a total surface area most equivalent to a single 12” driver.
Featured with dual Push Pull coupled long stroke 8” drivers in sealed enclosure.
Combining digital switch mode power section of 300 watt RMS, with M&K proprietary analog “front-end” input stage, all designed for the legendary M&K Sound bass extension.
M&K SOUND X8 SUBWOOFER SPECIFICATIONS
- Amplifier Power: 300 Watts RMS / 600 Watts Peak
- Frequency Response: 20 – 200 Hz +/- 2 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.5%, 300 Watts, 4 Ohm
- AC Power Consumption: 0.5W standby, 50W average, 400W max.
- AC Line Voltage: 100-230 VAC 50/60 Hz 5A
- LFE Input: L/R Line level RCA & L/R XLR balanced
- LFE Passthrough Output: L/R Line level RCA & L/R XLR balanced
- Lowpass Filters: Fixed 80 Hz / Variable / No lowpass
- Phase: 0-180 degrees, continuously variable
- Volume: Continuously variable / Fixed THX
- Dimensions HxWxD: 18,7 x 12,2 x 16,6” / 476 x 310 x 421 mm
- Weight: 48.5 lbs / 22 kg
M&K SOUND X8 OPTIMIZED POWERED SUBWOOFERS
M&K Sound X8 subwoofers are designed as complete systems. Each model’s performance is so much more than the high quality of drivers, cabinet, and amplifier— because these elements are optimized to work with each other in that specific product. M&K’s design allows the user to set the bass level anywhere from flat to grossly exaggerated. Built-in adjustable low-pass filters allow users to fine-tune the transition between the Satellite and Subwoofer speakers without a separate crossover. For use with surround processors, most models have a lowpass filter bypass to eliminate any phase problems associated with dual filters.
THX is a set of performance standards originally developed by Lucasfilm Ltd, the movie empire of Star Wars creator George Lucas, to lay out a set of criteria to ensure that the creations of cinematic artists are reproduced exactly as intended. For domestic installations, THX certification is the seal of approval that attests that the component has been thoroughly tested by a fully independent body and found to live up to the strictest quality requirements in the audio industry.