KEF engineers do not believe in compromise, the KEF R5 Floorstanding Speaker is compact and elegant yet it delivers music and movies with ease. The svelte R5 contains a Uni-Q with 125mm (5in.) midrange driver and 25mm (1 in.) aluminium dome tweeter for incredible detail while twin 130mm (5.25in) hybrid aluminium bass units manage the bass.
KEF R5 FLOORSTANDING SPEAKER FEATURES
- KEF engineers do not believe in compromise, the R5 floorstander is compact and elegant yet it delivers music and movies with ease.
- Frequency response (±3dB) – 58Hz – 28kHz
- The R5 includes matching precision cut magnetic microfiber grilles
- 12th Generation Uni-Q Driver provides a pure and precise sound with outstanding sonic imaging.
- Available in Gloss Black, Gloss White, and Real Wood Veneer Walnut
KEF R5 FLOORSTANDING SPEAKER SPECIFICATIONS
- Weight: 27.3 kg (60.2 lbs.)
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 1025 x 175 x 343.5 mm (40.4 x 6.9 x 13.5 in.) with terminal*
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 1071.4 x 271.6 x 343.5 mm (42.2 x 10.7 x 13.5 in.) with Plinth*
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 1025 x 175 x 320 Cabinet only
- Design: Three-way bass reflex
- Frequency Range: 38Hz-50kHz (-6dB)
- Typical In-Room Bass Response: 29Hz (-6dB)
- Frequency Response: 52Hz-28kHz (±3dB)
- Harmonic Distortion: <0.3% 120Hz-20kHz (90dB, 1m)
- Maximum Output: 110dB
- Amplifier Power: 15-200W (recommended)
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms (min.3.2 ohms)
- Driver Units:
Uni-Q Driver Array:
HF: 25mm (1in.) vented aluminium dome
MF: 125mm (5in.) aluminium cone
- Bass Driver: LF: 2x 130mm (5.25in.) hybrid aluminium
- Crossover Frequencies: 400Hz, 2.9kHz
- Finishes: Black Gloss / White Gloss / Walnut
COMPACT THREE-WAY FLOORSTANDER
KEF engineers do not believe in compromise, the R5 floorstander is compact and elegant yet it delivers music and movies with ease. The svelte R5 contains a Uni-Q with 125mm (5in.) midrange driver and 25mm (1 in.) aluminium dome tweeter for incredible detail while twin 130mm (5.25in) hybrid aluminium bass units manage the bass.
The evolution of KEF‘s Uni-Q driver reaches its 12th generation in the R Series. Using simulation and analysis tools KEF’s engineers have been able to dramatically reduce colouration by cutting resonance in the tiny gaps between Uni-Q’s elements. The result is purer and more precise sound with stronger imaging.
A solid platform is imperative for great sound. The new R Series benefits from Constrained layer damping. This system utilises internal braces joined by a ‘lossy’ interface and is highly effective at dissipating unwanted vibrations that would otherwise artificially change the sound and music.
KEF R5 FLOORSTANDING SPEAKER – SHADOW FLARE
The Shadow Flare is an innovative way to cut harmful high frequency cabinet diffraction. It’s a carefully profiled transition that extends the waveguide effect of Uni-Q. The treble escapes naturally because the ‘shadow region’ stops it getting to the cabinet edges. The result is vastly improved fine detail.
LOW FREQUENCY DRIVERS
R Series bass drivers have a two-part structure with a shallow concave aluminium skin atop a paper cone. Combine this stiffness with the cone’s unique geometry and you get near pistonic movement for punch and speed. KEF has also increased linearity in the magnet system which means more impressive and impactful bass.
FLEXIBLE PORT TECHNOLOGY
When it comes to generating deep, articulate bass, port design is crucial. The R Series ports have innovative flexible walls. Using computational fluid dynamics the flare and profile of each port is calculated to delay the onset of turbulence and the flexible port walls prevent resonances from colouring the midrange.