The largest model in the R Series – the KEF R11 Floorstanding Speaker combines four bass drivers and the latest generation Uni-Q for a powerful and refined sound With hybrid aluminium bass drivers and a 12th generation Uni-Q for mid and treble the mighty R11is extremely capable. Using technology from KEF Reference it delivers clarity, finesse and serious bass.
KEF R11 FLOORSTANDING SPEAKER FEATURES
- The largest model in the R Series combines four bass drivers and the latest generation Uni-Q for a powerful and refined sound
- Frequency response (±3dB) – 46Hz – 28kHz
- The R11 includes matching preciion cut magentic microfibre grilles
- 12th Generation Uni-Q Driver provides a pure and precise sound with outstanding sonic imaging.
- Available in Gloss Black, Gloss White, and Real Wood Veneer Walnut
KEF R11 FLOORSTANDING SPEAKER SPECIFICATIONS
- Weight: 37.7 kg (83.1 lbs.)
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 1249 x 200 x 383.5 mm (49.2 x 7.9 x 15.1 in.) with terminal*
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 1295.5 x 310.6 x 383.5 mm (51 x 12.2 x 15.1 in.) with terminal with Plinth*
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 1249 x 200 x 360 Cabinet only
- Design: Three-way bass reflex
- Frequency Range: 30Hz-50kHz (-6dB)
- Typical In-Room Bass Response: 26Hz (-6dB)
- Frequency Response: 46Hz-28kHz (±3dB)
- Harmonic Distortion: <0.3% 120Hz-20kHz (90dB, 1m)
- Maximum Output: 113dB
- Amplifier Power: 15-300W (recommended)
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms (min.3.2Ohms)
- Drive Units:
Uni-Q Driver Array:
HF: 25mm (1in.) vented aluminium dome
MF: 125mm (5in.) aluminium cone
FLAGSHIP THREE-WAY FLOORSTANDER
The largest model in the R Series combines four bass drivers and the latest generation Uni-Q for a powerful and refined sound
With hybrid aluminium bass drivers and a 12th generation Uni-Q for mid and treble the mighty R11is extremely capable. Using technology from KEF Reference it delivers clarity, finesse and serious bass.
The evolution of KEF‘s Uni-Q driver reaches its 12th generation in the R Series. Using simulation and analysis tools KEF’s engineers have been able to dramatically reduce colouration by cutting resonance in the tiny gaps between Uni-Q’s elements. The result is purer and more precise sound with stronger imaging.
A solid platform is imperative for great sound. The new R Series benefits from Constrained layer damping. This system utilises internal braces joined by a ‘lossy’ interface and is highly effective at dissipating unwanted vibrations that would otherwise artificially change the sound and music.
KEF R11 FLOORSTANDING SPEAKER – SHADOW FLARE
The Shadow Flare is an innovative way to cut harmful high frequency cabinet diffraction. It’s a carefully profiled transition that extends the waveguide effect of Uni-Q. The treble escapes naturally because the ‘shadow region’ stops it getting to the cabinet edges. The result is vastly improved fine detail.
LOW FREQUENCY DRIVERS
R Series bass drivers have a two-part structure with a shallow concave aluminium skin atop a paper cone. Combine this stiffness with the cone’s unique geometry and you get near pistonic movement for punch and speed. KEF has also increased linearity in the magnet system which means more impressive and impactful bass.
FLEXIBLE PORT TECHNOLOGY
When it comes to generating deep, articulate bass, port design is crucial. The R Series ports have innovative flexible walls. Using computational fluid dynamics the flare and profile of each port is calculated to delay the onset of turbulence and the flexible port walls prevent resonances from colouring the midrange.