With a big bass driver, twin ABRs and Uni-Q driver array the KEF Q950 Floorstanding Speakers can deliver music and cinema in full effect. Pairing KEF’s signature Uni-Q midrange and treble driver with a 200mm (8 inches) long-throw bass driver and two matching ABRs brings high resolution sound with extraordinary depth and clarity.
KEF Q950 FLOORSTANDING SPEAKER FEATURES
- The Q950 Floorstanding speaker features KEF’s patented Uni-Q Driver Array with an 8in mid-range cone and 1 5in vented aluminum dome tweeter
- Experience powerful bass from the 8in bass driver and dual 8in auxiliary bass radiators
- Gold plated terminals provide superior contact and allow for bare wire spade and banana plug terminations
- Maximum output of 113dB
- Available in three finishes Walnut Satin Black and Satin White
- Optional ultra-strong magnetic grilles may be purchased separately
- Connectivity Technology: Auxilliary
KEF Q950 FLOORSTANDING SPEAKER SPECIFICATIONS
- Weight: 20.6kg (45.4 lbs)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 1062 x 244 x 328 mm – 1116 x 357 x 328 mm (with Plinth)
- Design: 2.5-way bass reflex
- Unit Measurement: Pair
- Sensitivity: 91dB (2.83V/1m)
- Frequency Range: 38Hz (-6dB)
- Frequency Response: 44Hz-28kHz (±3dB)
- Maximum Output: 113dB
- Amplifier Requirements: 15-200W
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms (min.3.2 Ohms)
- Drive Units:
200mm (8in.) aluminium Uni-Q
38mm (1.5in.)vented aluminium dome HF
200mm (8in.) aluminium LF
2 x 200mm (8in.) aluminium ABR
- Crossover Frequencies: 2.2kHz
- Finishes: Satin Black / Satin White
“SIT ANYWHERE” UNI-Q SOUND
At the heart of the evolved Q Series is the Uni-Q driver array. KEF‘s signature innovation places the tweeter in the acoustic center of the midrange cone, bringing the acoustic ideal of a single point source closer than ever to realisation. The result is a more detailed, more accurate three-dimensional sound image, which is dispersed more evenly throughout the room than is possible with a conventional speaker. Uni-Q’s ultra-wide dispersion is further enhanced by KEF’s ‘tangerine’ waveguide over the tweeter dome.
UNI-Q SOUND TAKEN TO THE NEXT LEVEL
With the addition of the damped tweeter loading tube providing a gentle termination of sound produced from the back of the tweeter, lower treble performance is improved dramatically and a new low-distortion inductor on the crossover provides cleaner bass. To optimize the resolution and purity of the Q Series bookshelf speakers, the Uni-Q driver has been repositioned to the center of the cabinet to reduce unwanted internal resonance and adds refinement to their sonic clarity and detail.
Q SERIES ADVANCED CABINET DESIGN
In the Q Series Floorstanders the Uni-Q driver has been placed in sealed box within the cabinet. The closed box midrange cabinet design reduces the load on the Uni-Q midrange cone, increasing clarity and detail while delivering cleaner, punchier bass. Midrange clarity is enhanced again through improvements to the mid-bass driver that allowed the DC blocking capacitor to be eliminated. Its removal also created a more natural bass roll-off between the drivers.
Q SERIES WOOFERS
Low-frequency (LF) drivers now have a larger roll surround, along with a new spider suspension to produce cleaner bass at high volumes. A new cone structure improves midrange clarity, and an enhanced Auxiliary Bass Radiators (ABRs) with a new surround and rear suspension delivers better controlled and more impressive bass.