Get the KEF LS50 Meta Loudspeaker in black and a Cambridge AXR100 Amplifier this Festive Season! The KEF LS50 Meta Loudspeakers is an highly precise, emotionally engaging loudspeaker built on revolutionary acoustic technology. Designed around the Uni-Q 12th Generation with Metamaterial Absorption Technology driver array, this solid, compact loudspeaker is capable of delivering detailed sound anywhere in the room.
Great loudspeakers disappear, leaving just the music. The KEF LS50 Meta is such a loudspeaker. The incredibly immersive sound means you lose yourself in your favourite music. Savouring every nuance as layer upon layer of instrumentation is delivered with exceptional acoustic accuracy anywhere in the room.
Cambridge AXR100 – The most powerful amplifier in the AX range offers a massive 100 watts per channel, a dedicated subwoofer speaker output for improving bass and two sets of speaker outputs. It also features analog inputs, digital inputs, a phono stage, an FM/AM receiver with RDS and a 3.5mm input. In addition, the built-in Bluetooth receiver allows you to stream your favorite music from your smartphone, tablet or PC.
KEF LS50 META LOUDSPEAKERS SPECIFICATIONS
- Design: Two-way bass reflex
- Drive units: Uni-Q Driver Array: HF: 25 mm (1 in.) vented aluminium dome with Metamaterial Absorption Technology, MF/LF: 130 mm (5.25 in.) aluminium cone
- Crossover Frequency: 2,1 kHz
- Frequency range (-6DB): 47 Hz – 45 kHz
- Typical in-room Bass response (-6DB): 26 Hz
- Frequency response (±3DB): 79 Hz – 28 kHz
- Harmonic distortion (90DB, 1M): <0.4% 175 Hz – 20 kHz, <0.1% 300 Hz – 10 kHz
- Maximum output: 106 dB
- Amplifier power (Recommended): 40-100 W
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ω (min. 3,5 Ω)
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1M): 85 dB
- Weight (each): 7.8 kg
- Dimensions: 302 x 200 x 280.5 mm (11.9 x 7.9 x 11.0 in.)
METAMATERIAL ABSORPTION TECHNOLOGY
A truly revolutionary tool in the KEF acoustic armoury, Metamaterial Absorption Technology (MAT) is a highly complex maze-like structure that absorbs 99% of the unwanted sound from the rear of the driver, eliminating the resulting distortion and providing purer, more natural sound.
KEF LS50 META LOUDSPEAKER – 12TH GENERATION UNI-Q WITH MAT
Using advanced simulation and analysis tools, our engineers have developed the 12th generation Uni-Q with MAT. This new driver array delivers reduced colouration, less distortion and a sound that is more transparent and life-like than previously possible, all dispersed evenly throughout the room.
ENCHANCEMENT FROM LEGENDARY LS50 LINEAGE
Great loudspeakers disappear, leaving just the music. LS50 Meta is such a loudspeaker, and enhancements over the legendary LS50 include Driver Performance Optimisation and patented off-set flexible port for the best acoustic performance and an incredible immersive sound.
KEF LS50 META LOUDSPEAKER – CURVED FOR PERFORMANCE
LS50 Meta’s low-diffraction, curved baffle is precision modelled around the Uni-Q driver array. Its smooth curved surfaces help radiate sound out across the baffle without any interference from hard edges, which cause diffraction. The result is cleaner, more precise sound.
BRACED FOR ACTION
LS50 Meta’s baffle is engineered from an injection-moulded Dough Moulding Compound (DMC), while inside the cabinet cross bracing and Constrained Layer Damping (CLD) combine to deaden internal vibrations. The result of such meticulous attention to detail is the lowest colouration of any speaker in its class.
KEF LS50 META LOUDSPEAKER – FLEXIBLE PORT
Using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), the port flare and profile of LS50 Meta’s patented off-set port is calculated to delay the onset of turbulence, and the flexible port walls prevent resonances from colouring the midrange. This leads to improved clarity, with exceptional depth and detail.
ATTENTION TO EVERY DETAIL
Every aspect of LS50 Meta has been considered for acoustic benefits and from a design perspective. The low-diffraction curved front baffle is subtly mirrored by the gently radiused rear panel, where both the port exit and speaker terminals have been elegantly recessed and softened visually.
KEF LS50 META LOUDSPEAKERS – DESIGNED FOR PERFORMANCE
LS50 Meta may look sensational, but as a high-performance loudspeaker every aspect of its design is a case of form following function. From the precision modelled curved baffle to the solid, reinforced cabinet, every inch of LS50 Meta has been designed to perform.
Owners of the award-winning LS50 may find themselves asking what’s new? After all, LS50 Meta certainly shares a likeness with the original. But while LS50 is a great speaker, LS50 Meta and the technological advances it boasts offer a truly dramatic improvement in sound quality.
CAMBRIDGE AXR100 AMPLIFIER FEATURES
- 100 Watts x 2 into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.15% THD
- 4-Ohm capability allows use with a wide range of speakers
- Toroidal transformer ensures clean, dynamic sound
- Built-in Bluetooth® for wireless music listening with compatible smartphones, tablets and computers
- Plays high-resolution digital music files (PCM files up to 24-bit/192kHz)
- 30 AM/FM station presets (US and European tuning)
- Front-panel A/B switching for two pairs of speakers
- Brushed aluminum front panel
- Remote control included
- Two Toslink optical digital audio inputs
- One coaxial digital audio input
- Three stereo RCA inputs for connecting components
- Dedicated phono stage for turntables with moving magnet cartridges
- Front-panel 3.5mm stereo aux input
- Two pairs of binding post speaker connectors
- Mono RCA output for a powered subwoofer
- Stereo RCA record out output
- Type-A USB port for firmware updates
- Sull-size front-panel headphone jack
- What’s included: Stereo receiver, 6′ AC power cord, Remote control (AXR85/AXR100), 2 “AAA” batteries, FM-coax connector, FM wire antenna, AM loop antenna, Quick Start Guide and Important Safety Instructions
CAMBRIDGE AXR100 AMPLIFIER SPECIFICATIONS
- Power Output: 100 watts (into 8Ω)
- THD (Unweighted): <0.01% @ 1kHz, 80% of rated power, <0.15% 20Hz – 20kHz, 80% of rated power
- Frequently Response: (-1DB) 5Hz – 50kHz
- S/N Ratio (Ref 1W): >82dB (unweighted)
- Input Impedances: INPUT IMPEDANCES: 47k ohms
- Power Amp Damping Factor: >50
- Standby Power Consumption: <0.5W
- Max. Power Consumption: 550W
- Bass/Treble Controls: Shelving, ultimate boost/cut +/- 10dB @ 100Hz and 20kHz
- Subwoofer Output: 200Hz 2nd order L+R Level follows volume setting
- Digital Inputs PCM: 16-24-bit S/P DIF Co-axial 32-192kHz, TOSlink Optical 32-192kHz
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 110 x 430 x 340mm
- Weight: 8.1 kg
- Bluetooth: 5.0 A2DP/AVRCP supporting SBC
- Tuner Bands: European AM (522-1629kHz) FM (87.5-108MHz) / US AM (530-1710kHz) FM (87.5-108MHz)
- Aerial Inputs: FM 75 ohms, Coaxial. AM 300 ohms wire loop/ single wire
- Signal to Noise (Tuner): 60dB typical (FM)
- Distortion (Tuner): <0.4% @ 1kHz 50kHz deviation (FM mono) <0.6% @ 1kHz 50kHz deviation (FM stereo)
BUDGET AUDIO NEVER SOUNDED SO GOOD
These two new receivers sound like they should cost 3 times their price. The way they portray music makes you forget about the gear and just enjoy the music.
INPUTS FOR ALL YOUR MUSIC
With 4 analog audio, a phono preamp, Bluetooth 5.0 the AXR85 will satisfy almost everyone, but if you need digital the AXR100 adds 3 digital inputs
BEAUTIFULLY DESIGNED AND BUILT
We love the clean design of Cambridge Audio gear, but the geek side of us really appreciates the circuit board layouts and attention to detail that help make these units sound so good.