The KEF KC62 Subwoofer is an incredibly compact subwoofer that delivers the might and magic of deep, accurate bass for a thrillingly immersive music, movie and gaming experience. Created using innovative KEF engineering including the ground-breaking Uni-Core™ technology, the football-sized KC62 features two 6.5inch force cancelling drive units powered by 1,000W RMS of specially designed Class D amplification.
KEF KC62 SUBWOOFER FEATURES
- Twin 6.5-inch Uni-Core force cancelling driver array
- P-Flex pressure resistant surround design
- Smart Distortion Control Technology
- Music Integrity Engine with iBX, SmartLimiter and
- Room Placement settings
- 1000W (2 x 500W) RMS Class D amplification
- Compact sealed aluminium cabinet
- Exceptionally versatile controls for easy integration with any loudspeaker and any home environment
- KW1 wireless subwoofer adapter kit compatible for wireless operation
KEF KC62 SUBWOOFER SPECIFICATIONS
- Design: Uni-Core Force Cancellation
- Drive units: 2 x 6.5” drivers
- Frequency response (±3dB): 11Hz – 200Hz
- Max output: 105dB
- Amplifier type: Built-in Class D
- Amplifier power: 1000W RMS (2 x 500W RMS)
- Variable low pass filter: 40Hz – 140Hz, LFE
- Input: RCA phono sockets. Speaker level inputs
- Line output: RCA phono sockets
- Line output high pass filter: 40Hz – 120Hz, Bypass
- Power requirements: 100 – 240V, 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption: 1000W
- Weight: 14Kg
- Dimensions (H x W x D) with rear panel and feet: 246 x 256 x 248 mm
TURN UP THE POWER
KC62’s twin drivers are powered by 1,000W RMS (2 x 500W) of specially designed Class D amplification, providing exceptional levels of control and the ability to deliver sudden bursts of power when required, for example when enjoying your favourite high-octane action sequence.
SAME PERFORMANCE, EVERYWHERE
KC62 slips effortlessly into any environment or listening room, with the five pre-set Room Placement Equalisation feature ensuring the same performance no matter where you decide to place it; in free space, next to the wall, in a corner, nestled within a cabinet or using the dedicated apartment mode.
KEF KC62 SUBWOOFER – WELL CONNECTED
KC62’s connection options allow it to be used with almost any audio system, with KEF SmartConnect and speaker level inputs eliminating any connection issues. Line output with HPF allows for exceptional fine-tuned integration, and KC62 is also compatible with the KW1 for simple wireless compatibility.
DESIGN MEETS SUBSTANCE
Crafted from extruded aluminium, KC62’s curved cabinet perfectly blends form and function, providing strength and beauty. Small enough to blend into any décor, the Carbon Black and Mineral White finishes also make KC62 an exceptionally attractive statement.
ACCURATE, DEEP BASS WITH SPEED AND POWER
Accuracy is a KEF hallmark, whether in full-range loudspeakers or in subwoofers dedicated to delivering sensational bass. An array of innovative technologies come together to ensure KC62’s bass accuracy, including the P-Flex surround for precise driver movement and Smart Distortion Control Technology that reduces distortion, while performance is maximised via KEF’s Music Integrity Engine.
P-FLEX (AKA ORIGAMI SURROUND)
The P-Flex driver surround has a unique pleated design inspired by Origami, the Japanese art of paper folding, engineered to better resist the acoustic pressure in the cabinet to allow the driver to move more precisely compared to traditional surround designs. The result is deeper bass extension and a more accurate and detailed bass reproduction.