The Cambridge Audio Edge W is made to be played loud. When you do turn it up, expect nothing but a dynamic and punchy sound that captures all the musicality of your songs.
With just 14 hand-picked components, Edge W has one of the cleanest signal paths available. It delivers our breath-taking, unadulterated British sound – nothing added, nothing taken away.
CAMBRIDGE AUDIO EDGE W AMPLIFIER FEATURES
- Hand-picked components – hours of listening to select only those that sound the best.
- Twin Toroidal Transformers – huge reserves of power for consistent tonality.
- Cambridge Audio proprietary Class XA Amplification – no audible crossover distortion.
- Short signal path – Only 14 components between you and your music.
- Perfect partners – pair your Edge W with the Edge NQ to create your perfect system.
CAMBRIDGE AUDIO EDGE W AMPLIFIER SPECIFICATIONS
- CONTINUOUS POWER OUTPUT: 100W RMS into 8 Ohms; 200W RMS into 4 Ohms
- THD (UNWEIGHTED): <0.002% 1kHz at rated power (8 Ohms); <0.02% 20Hz – 20kHz at rated power (8 Ohms)
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: <3Hz – >80kHz +/-1dB
- S/N RATIO (REF 1W INTO 8 OHM): >93 dB
- CROSSTALK @ 1KHZ: < -100dB
- S/N RATIO (REF FULL POWER): >113 dB
- INPUT SENSITIVITY: Input A1-A2 (unbalanced) 1.09V RMS
- INPUT IMPEDANCES: Input A3 (balanced) 47k Ohm; Input A1-A2 (unbalanced) 47k Ohm
- INPUTS: Balanced, Unbalanced
- OUTPUTS: Speakers, Loop out
- MAX POWER CONSUMPTION: 1000W
- STANDBY POWER CONSUMPTION: <0.5W
- DIMENSIONS: 150 x 460 x 405mm (5.9 x 18.1 x 15.9″)
- WEIGHT: 23.6kg (51.9lbs)
- IN THE BOX: Edge W Power Amplifier; 1.5M Power Lead; Edge Link Cable; Edge W User Manual, Warranty Card
For all its power, Cambridge Audio Edge W is remarkably detailed. The sound is finely balanced, with a musical depth and clarity that comes through with every note. It’s all down to how we chose the componentry inside – nothing was picked on price, specs or measured performance. We listened carefully and created our system with components that simply sounded the best. The end result is a power amplifier that truly brings an original recording to life like no other.
JUST 14 COMPONENTS IN THE SIGNAL PATH
Although minimal in its exterior design, Edge W has some complex audio engineering inside. To remove the barriers between you and your music, we have worked hard to minimise the number of components in the signal path. As a result, Cambridge Audio Edge W delivers a more faithful reproduction of the original recording; an impressively detailed three-dimensional sound, with striking staging and focus.
MORE MUSICAL DETAILS WITH CAMBRIDGE AUDIO EDGE W
We pioneered the use of toroidal transformers in amplifiers, which led to improved performance. In Edge we take this one step further, using opposing symmetry twin toroidal transformers. This cancels out electromagnetic interference whilst offering outstanding power and maintaining consistent tonality, no matter how loud it’s played.
EFFORTLESS POWER WITHOUT DISTORTION
Using standard Class A amplifier technology wasn’t going to be efficient enough for Edge W. Instead we added a bias voltage to a traditional Class AB design, reducing distortion to inaudible levels. This unique configuration also produces less heat and makes the whole system much more effective.
Edge systems are designed to work in perfect synchronisation. Match the Edge W with our most versatile Preamplifier Network player, Edge NQ, to create a hi-fi system with a sound, and a look, unlike anything else.