Cambridge Audio Edge A is made to celebrate musicality. Riffs, phrases, percussive rolls – take in every detail of your music thanks to its dynamic setup. Effortlessly powerful, but with incredible depth, the overall sound is breath-taking – like you’re sat in the recording booth with the musicians.
CAMBRIDGE AUDIO EDGE A AMPLIFIER FEATURES
- Built to celebrate musicality – Our most detailed integrated amplifier.
- Hand-picked components – hours of listening to select only those that sound the best.
- Twin Toroidal Transformers – huge reserves of power for consistent tonality.
- Cambridge Audio proprietary Class XA Amplification – no audible crossover distortion.
- Ready for digital – built-in DAC with digital inputs including TV ARC and Bluetooth aptX HD.
CAMBRIDGE AUDIO EDGE A AMPLIFIER SPECIFICATIONS
- CONTINUOUS POWER OUTPUT: 100W RMS into 8 Ohms; 200W RMS into 4 Ohms
- THD (UNWEIGHTED): <0.002% 1kHz at rated power (8 Ohms); <0.02% 20Hz – 20kHz at rated power (8 Ohms)
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: <3Hz – >80kHz +/-1dB
- S/N RATIO (REF FULL POWER): >103 dB
- CROSSTALK @ 1KHZ: < -100dB
- INPUT SENSITIVITY: Input A1-A2 (unbalanced) 380mV RMS
- INPUT IMPEDANCES: Input A3 (balanced) 47k Ohm; Input A1-A2 (unbalanced) 47k Ohm
- INPUTS: Balanced, Coax S/PDIF, TOSLINK, USB Audio, Unbalanced, Bluetooth, Audio Return Channel (ARC)
- OUTPUTS: Speakers, Preamplifier, Headphones (impedance of between 12 and 600 ohms are recommended)
- USB AUDIO INPUT: USB Audio Class 2.0 supporting up to 32-bit 384kHz PCM, or up to DSD256
- BLUETOOTH: 4.1 (Smart/BLE enabled) A2DP/AVRCP supporting formats up to aptX HD
- TOSLINK INPUT: 16/24 bits, 32-96kHz
- COAX S/PDIF INPUT: 16/24 bits, 32-192kHz
- MAX POWER CONSUMPTION: 1000W
- STANDBY POWER CONSUMPTION: <0.5W
- DIMENSIONS: 150 x 460 x 405mm (5.9 x 18.1 x 15.9″)
- WEIGHT: 24.4kg (53.7lbs)
- IN THE BOX: Edge A Integrated Amplifier; 1.5M Power Lead; Edge Remote Control; 3 x AAA Batteries; Bluetooth Antenna; Edge Link Cable; Edge A User Manual
Cambridge Audio Edge A is designed to bring musical detail to life. It delivers a finely balanced sound with a depth and clarity that come through with every note. We developed the system by ear, testing every component and only choosing those that blew us away. The end result is a ground-breaking arrangement that produces a much cleaner signal path and lets your music breathe. Edge A perfectly delivers our classic British sound – nothing added, nothing taken away.
MORE MUSICAL DETAIL WITH CAMBRIDGE AUDIO EDGE A
We pioneered the use of toroidal transformers in amplifiers, which led to improved performance. In Cambridge Audio Edge we take this one step further, using opposing symmetry twin toroidal transformers. This cancels out electromagnetic interference whilst offering outstanding power and maintaining consistent tonality, no matter how loud it’s played.
EFFORTLESS POWER WITHOUT DISTORTION
Using standard Class A amplifier technology wasn’t going to be efficient enough for Edge A. Instead we added a bias voltage to a traditional Class AB design, reducing distortion to inaudible levels. This unique configuration also produces less heat and makes the whole system much more effective.
Pair any Bluetooth device to your Edge A to easily stream your music. With aptX HD support, you can play your audio at up to 24-bit/48kHz quality for an incredibly rich listening experience.
Edge A was designed with a unique PCB. Our engineers replaced conventional capacitors with a DC coupled topology and also added a solid-state volume control. The end result is a clean signal path that’s perfectly balanced at any volume.
Edge systems are designed to work in perfect synchronisation. Match the performance of Edge A with loudspeakers to make the foundations of a hi-fi system unlike anything else.