Half a decade after the CX range redefined performance at its price point, it’s time to reimagine, reengineer and reinvigorate. The all-new Cambridge Audio CXA61 integrated amplifiers build on the foundations laid (and the Awards won) by CXA60 and CXA80, but with a fresh and progressive perspective.
The Cambridge Audio CXA61 is 60 watts per channel of pure excitement. It’s a punchy and upfront listen, without giving away detail or precision – so it’s just as much at home in the mosh-pit as it is the conservatoire.
CAMBRIDGE AUDIO CXA61 AMPLIFIER FEATURES
- 60 Watts per channel with Class AB amplification for detailed and powerful audio performance.
- High Quality DAC – Connect digital sources directly via TOSLINK and Coaxial.
- Bluetooth aptX HD built in for a high quality wireless connection.
- 4 x RCA Analogue connections for all your sources.
- USB Audio Input accepting up to 32bit/384kHz & DSD 256 digital files from Mac or PC.
CAMBRIDGE AUDIO CXA81 AMPLIFIER SPECIFICATIONS
- POWER OUTPUT: 60W RMS into 8 Ohms, 90W RMS into 4 Ohms
- DAC: ESS Sabre ES9010K2M
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: <5Hz– 60kHz +/-1dB
- ANALOGUE AUDIO INPUTS: 4 x RCA, 1 x 3.5mm MP3 input (front panel)
- DIGITAL AUDIO INPUTS: 1 x S/PDIF coaxial, 2 x TOSLINK optical, 1 x USB audio, Bluetooth (integrated)
- COMPATIBILITY: TOSLINK optical: 16/24bit 32-96kHz PCM only, S/PDIF coaxial: 16/24bit 32-192kHz PCM only, USB: audio profile 1.0/2.0 (default 2.0), up to 32bit 384kHz PCM, up to DSD256 or DoP256, Bluetooth: 4.2 A2DP/AVRCP supporting up to aptX HD (24bit 48kHz)
- BLUETOOTH APTX HD RECEIVER BUILT-IN: Yes
- ROON TESTED: Yes
- OUTPUTS: Speakers A+B, 3.5mm Headphone, Preamp Output, Subwoofer Output
- REMOTE CONTROL: Yes
- MAX POWER CONSUMPTION: 600W
- STANDBY POWER CONSUMPTION: <0.5W
- DIMENSIONS (H X W X D): 115 x 430 x 341mm (4.5 x 16.9 x 13.4”)
- WEIGHT: 8.3kg (18.3lbs)
- BOX CONTENTS: CXA61 Integrated Amplifier, Power Cable, 3 x AAA Batteries, Remote Control, Control Bus Cable
LET YOUR MUSIC MOVE YOU
The Cambridge Audio CXA61 is designed to bring you closer to the music you love. It’s designed to put you right at the heart of your favourite recordings, telling you the story of every note in the most natural, most effortless, most detailed way imaginable. Analogue or digital, lo-fi or hi-res, the CXA61 lets the music take you where you want to go.
The Cambridge Audio CXA61 has been engineered, refined and finessed with only one objective in mind: to deliver the most thrillingly musical sound you’ve ever experienced. Every choice of component, and every engineering decision, has been made in order to minimise colouration of the sound and maximise its accuracy. Cambridge Audio has drawn on every one of its 50 years of experience to make the CXA61 its most accomplished integrated amplifier yet.
ALL OF THE MUSIC
Because it’s designed to deliver the maximum musical experience no matter where the music is coming from, the CXA61 has an entirely reengineered digital board featuring the industry-standard ESS Sabre ES9010 K2M digital-to-analogue convertor. The Cambridge Audio CXA61 can bring digital audio files up to state-of-the-art 32bit/384kHz and DSD256 resolutions vividly to life, combining convenience with performance in a way unheard-of until now.
POWER WITHOUT CORRUPTION
An oversized toroidal transformer gives the CXA61 a muscular 60 watts of power for each channel. Painstaking engineering gives it super-low levels of distortion and supreme electrical efficiency. The result is an amplifier with limitless reserves of power, ready to maximise the dynamic potential of any loudspeakers and able to play at any volume level without stress or distortion.